Certificates (for former students)

 Regarding certificates for graduates, etc. for which the application is received after July 1, 2019, the prescribed issuance fee will be charged with consideration for beneficiary’s burden and operation costs. The fee is 500 yen per copy (either in Japanese or English).
 In addition, an application for certificates in person at the responsible office of KIT or by mail will no longer be accepted, but instead the applicants need to make an application via the certificate issuance application web page.

[Application for certificates by current students]
Current students can use an automatic certificate issuance machine.
For more information, see Certificate Issue Current Students


In-person applications or applications by mail, phone or email will not be accepted.
The certificate issuance fee can be paid only by using a credit card or convenience store payment method.
Certificates cannot be issued immediately. Confirm the days required for issuance, and carry out the application procedures well in advance, so as to be able to meet the deadline designated by your place of submission.

Identification documents

Upload image data of your ID card (e.g. driver’s license, health insurance card, or passport) on the certificate issuance application web page for proof of identity.
Prepare in advance the image data using a smartphone, digital camera, scanner, or other means.
* Usable file format
Image data: JPG/PNG/PDF
File capacity: Up to 2 MB per file


  1. Application method
  2. Costs required for the issuance of certificates
  3. Number of days required for the issuance of certificates
  4. Operating hours
  5. Handling of personal information
  6. Inquiries
  7. Syllabus (after AY2012)

To the page top


1. Application method

◆Make an application via the web page address.
(By clicking on the above link, you will be directed to an external website.)

Flow from application to issuance
  1. Enter school registration information at the above web page.
  2. Select the type of certificate and the receiving method.
  3. Fill in the applicant’s information, delivery address and other information, and upload a photo file of an identification card (e.g. driver’s license, health insurance card, or passport) for proof of identity.
  4. Pay the fee. (credit card or convenience store payment only)
    After payment is completed, neither the number of certificates applied for nor the receiving method can be changed or canceled.
  5. After payment is confirmed, a certificate will be created. The number of days required for issuance depends on the type of certificate.
  6. The certificate will be delivered using the receiving method selected in step 2
Delivery method
Delivery by mail
 Once the certificate is created, it will be mailed to the delivery address you provided.
Delivery in person at the relevant KIT office
 Once the certificate is created, a notice will be sent to the email address you provided. When receiving the certificate, bring your ID card (e.g. driver’s license, residence card, etc.) for proof of identity.
To the page top


2. Costs required for the issuance of certificates

◆Applicable persons
 Former students, early leavers, etc. (including those who were non-degree students). Note that regular students who graduated within the current academic year are excluded.
◆Issuance fee
 500 yen per copy (either in Japanese or English)
◆Postage fee
 If you wish to receive the certificate by postal mail, the following postage fees will be required in addition to the issuance fee.

For domestic addressses:

Mail service Fee
Regular mail 140 yen
Regardless of the number of certificates issued, 140 yen will be uniformly charged per application
Express mail 400 yen
Regular mail fee + Express mail fee of 260 yen
Letter Pack Light 370 yen
A tracking service is available. The certificate will be delivered to your mailbox. The number of delivery days required by Letter Pack Light is generally the same as that of express mail, but it may take about one more day to deliver depending on the situation.

※For delivery information, see the Japan Post website(https://www.post.japanpost.jp/index.html

For overseas addresses:
Delivery to overseas addresses will be handled by EMS (Express Mail Service).

Zone Fee
China, South Korea, Taiwan 1,450 yen
Asia (excluding China, South Korea, Taiwan) 1,900 yen
Oceania, Canada, Mexico, Middle East, Europe 3,150 yen
U.S. (including Guam and other U.S. territories) 3,900 yen
Central and South America (excluding Mexico), Africa 3,600 yen


  • Note that issuance and postage fees, once paid, cannot be refunded.
    To the page top


3. Number of days required for the issuance of certificates

 The table below shows approximate issue times (excluding non-business days, such as weekends and holidays) for a certificate after payment is confirmed.
(Regarding certificates for which payment of fees is confirmed by 12:00 am on the day, the issuance process will start on the following business day.)
 Note that if you enrolled at KIT before 1992 or request a certificate issue during a busy period, it may take additional days to issue the requested certificate. Apply well in advance.

Type of certificate Number of days required
University Transcript 2 days
Undergraduate Graduation
Certificate/Certificate of Completion
2 days
Certificate of Degree Conferred 3 days
Certificate of Credits Earned 4 days
Certificate of Enrollment/Certificate of Completion of
Required Doctoral Coursework
3 days
Certificate related to Architecture License Exam 2 days
Certificate of Academic Achievement 10~14 days
Certificate of Credits Earned in Chemistry/
Museum Curator License
4 days
Certificates other than the above (* 1) 7~10 days
Certificates for non-degree students
(e.g. research students, credited auditors, etc.)
7~10 days

(※1): “Certificates other than the above” may not be available. Inquire in advance as to whether your desired certificate can be issued via email.
gakucert[at]kit.ac.jp (change [at] to @)


Since certificates are printed on anti-falsification (official) paper, they will not be sealed in principle. If a sealed envelope is required by your place of submission, be sure to indicate that in detail in the remarks column in “2. Selection of Type of Certificate/Selection of Certificate Receiving Method” on the web application page.
We will issue a certificate bearing your name at the time of graduation. It is not possible to issue a certificate bearing a different name for a person who has changed his/her name.
To the page top


4. Business hours

* In-person applications will not be accepted.

Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm / 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
  * 8:30 am to 7:30 pm from Monday to Friday only during class periods

Closed:Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
     Summer holidays (August 11 – 17)
     New Year holiday (December 29 – January 3)

* Click here for more information about semester dates, etc.

To the page top


5. Handling of personal information

 Personal information you provide the university will only be used for the issuance of certificates and will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose.

To the page top


6. Inquiries

Records and Certification, Educational Affairs Office, Kyoto Institute of Technology

Matsugasaki, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8585 Japan
TEL: 075-724-7117
E-mail: gakucert[at]kit.ac.jp (change [at] to @)

* KIT uses the domain “@kit.ac.jp” or “@edu.kit.ac.jp” when sending you notices. Configure your domain designated reception settings to allow email from the above domains.

To the page top


7. Syllabi (after AY 2012)

To search for syllabi issued after AY 2012) go to:

To request a copy of a syllabus issued before AY2012, contact
gakucert[at]kit.ac.jp (change [at] to @).

To the page top


8. Official Seal Apostille and other Authentication Procedures for Certificates Issued by KIT

When submitting KIT graduation certificates and other KIT documents to foreign institutions, you may be required to have the official seal authenticated with an apostille or other procedure. Refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for an outline of authentication procedures.

KIT cannot apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on your behalf. Contact a notary public, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or your embassy in Japan to complete the procedures. Alternatively, you can purchase the services of an administrative scrivener to complete the procedures on your behalf. The International Affairs Office can refer you to an administrative scrivener’s office if you contact us at:
ses[at]kit.ac.jp (change [at] to @).